About Me

My photo
Crafting is my passion - just call me a crafting insomniac. If I'm missing - you can find me in my "she-shed" or a craft store. My crafty alter-ego, Lola and I have loads of fun. I never thought I'd have an imaginary friend at my age - but in a house full of men - it's great to have a crafty sister to share all my crafty life and stitching adventures.

Tuesday, June 30, 2015

100 Day Challenge

Dear Lola,

I have decided to challenge myself to be completely and utterly happy for the next 100 days.  I am going to find a way to involve myself in a sewing activity every day for next 100 days.  I am certain this will bring joy to my daily outlook and as they say, "nourish my soul."


I'm so convinced about the importance of having sewing in my life every single day, that I am going to stretch myself to improve my handwork.  I'm going on a trip that will prevent me from taking a sewing machine, so my handwork will be along for the ride. 

One of the important aspects of my "100 Day Challenge" is that I am not giving myself any sewing project quota.  I'm not giving myself some arbitrary number of projects to finish during this time.  This challenge isn't about finishing UFO's or learning new skills.  I'm doing this to demonstrate the joy that sewing brings to my life, just because!

Each day, for the next 100 days I will sew!  I will find time in between laundry, grocery shopping, work, errands and everything else that makes my day mundane.  I will schedule time for a visit to my sewing space.  I will treat my sewing time like the necessity it is!  My sewing time will find itself on my daily list right next to morning coffee.  It is something I need in my day to get through the day.

So here we are on day 1, and I already feel the the joy and happiness.  Sewing always brings a smile to my face and makes life happy!

Hugs and stitches,

Lori


No comments:

Post a Comment