About Me

My photo
Crafting is my passion - just call me a crafting insomniac. If I'm missing - you can find me in my "she-shed" or a craft store. My crafty alter-ego, Lola and I have loads of fun. I never thought I'd have an imaginary friend at my age - but in a house full of men - it's great to have a crafty sister to share all my crafty life and stitching adventures.

Thursday, March 12, 2015

Share with Love


Dear Lola,

Quilters are the most amazing people and I'm not saying that because I'm a quilter.  In fact, maybe I became a quilter hoping to become amazing!  Each opportunity I am given to be around other quilters reminds me how enthusiastic, energetic and optimistic quilters are.  They are always so happy to learn, share, grow and encourage.

The minute I meet another quilter, I feel a kindred connection.  I'm inspired to ask about current projects, favorite fabrics and colors.  I love hearing about success stories and quilting horror stories - we all have them!  I recently met a wonderful lady who shared the story of a quilt she made for a Wounded Warrior.  She was honored to have met the recipient and had tears in her eyes on the retelling of the experience.  She said the experience was one of the proudest moments of her life. After hearing that - I had tears in my eyes too.

Over the past 7+ years, I have heard so many stories from quilters who were honored to share their quilts with others.  Each quilt we make is a labor of hope, grace, dreams, laughter and love.  Having a hobby like quilting enriches my life every day and I feel blessed because of it.

Hugs and stitches,

Lori


No comments:

Post a Comment