About Me

My photo
Crafting is my passion - just call me a crafting insomniac. If I'm missing - you can find me in my "she-shed" or a craft store. My crafty alter-ego, Lola and I have loads of fun. I never thought I'd have an imaginary friend at my age - but in a house full of men - it's great to have a crafty sister to share all my crafty life and stitching adventures.

Thursday, March 31, 2016

Share the success!

Dear Lola,

I recently realized how much I love to see others succeed with their sewing and in life. Yes, it feels good to succeed myself, but I am happy to share every sewing technique and enrich the lives and the sewing success of others. Encouraging someone to take their hobby and fly makes my spirit soar! It usually doesn't cost a nickel and the payouts are huge.  Seeing someone shine right next to me makes me feel like a million bucks.  



Occasionally, I run across people who will not only avoid sharing, but try to steal the "thunder" of others because they think it makes them look more powerful or smart.  I think it's about the dumbest thing you can do.

Sewing, crafting, quilting and the synergy it creates among women is so wonderful, so powerful and so important.  Why would anyone want to diminish this power for goodness, by being greedy or mean-spirited?  Come on people - you know what to do!

Share the love, share the credit, share the knowledge and most of all - share your heart.  In the end, you'll find the rewards far exceed any expectations.

Hugs and stitches,

Lori

No comments:

Post a Comment